Monday, November 24, 2008

LaMB

I've been reading up on some anime news lately, and came upon something interesting:

LaMB character - Eve LaMB, a new series coming to Animax in 2009, takes place in a neo-futuristic setting in a planet known as Cerra, a human colony 25 light years away from the Solar System, where felons are not imprisoned nor killed, but are sealed in "laminated" suits known as LaMBs for short. The suits are designed to make felons productive members of society without actually making them "free". LaMBs are also apparently used for anti-aging and beautification.

What so interesting about this?

It's written by amateur Filipino writer Carmelo S. J. Juinio, character designed by Artgerm, with Vaness Wu from F4 as a cast member.

The series looks intriguingly promising, especially the artwork. It reminds me of Ghost in the Shell, though having actual English OP and ED songs instead of the usual Asian ones that I hear is a little... weird.

Too bad I don't have Animax to actually see this in 2009. Check out the website, which has video and music clips as well as a web manga (only the first episode for now, but already very interesting to read).

4 comments:

  1. That's 3 reasons to check it out. Interested in the Pinoy guy, Artgerm is THE artist I follow on DA, and Vaness was really the only one I liked in F4 hahahaha! x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE HAVE THE SAME TASTE!!!

    And I hear that Vaness is apparently the lead voice actor for this... How well does he act I wonder~ *hopes he can pull this off very well* x3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always see the commercial on Animax. To be honest, I'm getting fed up seeing it all the time. Of course, it is nice to see that it was created by a Filipino. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..I wish I had animax so I wouldn't be so excited about this. Lolz~ Too bad I'll probably never get to see it. :(

    ReplyDelete