Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nutritional Diary 2012.02.05

yu yu hakusho - kurama iconIt's been more than a month since I started walking more and eating less… Well, the eating less part needs a lot more work, because I still have a tendency to snack on things that are not exactly good for me. But of course, we all know what's important here, which is the results of all that hard work.

Well, I’m happy to say that it’s kind of working. So far, I feel much stronger, and I get tired less often when I jump rope. My clothes feel much looser than they did at the beginner of the year, and I've lost a total of 5 pounds so far!

All good news, right? So why is it only "kinda" working, you ask?

Well, I’m not really sure if that 2 pound additional weight loss counts. Why? Because I was sick a few days ago. I had the stomach flu, and the remedy the doctor gave me? Drink coffee and Coke.

Now the coffee I can take, but the coke? That’s temptation food! Wah~ As much as I’m happy to be officially “allowed” to drink this stuff, it’s making me feel guilty all the same! I need to work out more if this continues!

Sadly, I missed a day of work out because I was also feeling very dizzy the other day. I get this illness once every few years where, I’m guessing, my semi-circular canals give up on me. So for a few days, I’d feel too dizzy to do anything; even getting out of bed would be a challenge for me not to fall over.

Thankfully, this year wasn’t so bad. The episode only lasted a day, and I slept all of last night, so when morning came, I was feeling a lot better. My head still hurts at the moment, but the doctor seems to think it’s probably just because I’m refraining from eating too much carbohydrates and sugar, so my body is adjusting.

I don’t think I’m doing anything extreme enough for me to get sick though… I mean, I did have that McDonald’s quarter pounder just the other day (so much for dieting, huh? ), so I’m pretty sure I’m still on the “right” track, if you know what I mean.

Oh well, 5 pounds is still 5 pounds, I suppose. I just hope I don’t get sick again any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment