Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Toy Story 3: Be Good to Your Toys!

One of the better movies I’ve seen in a while…

Toy Story 3. It made me think, how could Disney and Pixar pull-off a third successful movie seeing the first and second ones were absolutely fantastic?

I was blown. Away.

toy stoy 3 - woody, buzz lightyear, jessie, bullseye, slinky dog, mister potato head, missus potato head, rex, hamm, squeez toy aliens, sarge, sergeant, bucket o soldies

Andy, now a 17-year-old kid getting ready for college, no longer has time to play with his toys like he used to. After countless garage sales and spring cleanings, Woody’s family becomes smaller and smaller, even losing Little Bo Peep and her sheep.

Left with only Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky Dog, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, Rex, Hamm, Toy Aliens, and a few Toy Soldiers, Andy’s mother begins to pester him to clean up his room and gave him two choices: to throw out or to donate the stuff he can’t bring to college with him. Otherwise, anything left in his room will be thrown out. What will he do to his beloved toys?

I’m 26, but I still have a lot of my childhood toys hidden in my room and around the house. The ending made me tear up a bit because I began to feel guilty about not playing with my old toys. And well, are PVCs even considered toys? I’ve never played with them the way Andy did, haha~

I highly recommend watching this in the theater. Don’t miss it, guys! And oh yeah, Totoro from Studio Ghibli’s “My Neighbor Totoro” is in this movie!!! I want a plush of him too! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment