Monday, July 16, 2012

鏞記 酒家 Yung Kee Restaurant

yung kee roasted goose

“Yung Kee acquires fame for its gourmet specialty-Roast Goose. After tasting the Roast Goose, tourists buy and carry it home with them by air to share among relatives and friends. For that, Yung Kee's Roast Goose is nicknamed ‘Flying Roast Goose’.”

Source: Open Rice

For someone who doesn’t remember ever trying roasted goose before, I dare say this is one of the best ones I’ve had.

Yung Kee does have very good food, but if you’re after the goose, you might want to reserve a day in advance. Plus, it’s a sit-down restaurant with fancy table cloths and pay-per-each-person’s-cup-of-tea, so it burned more money than I could afford.

yung kee suckling pig

It wouldn’t be healthy eating at this place everyday anyway. I really loved their suckling pig as well as the goose, but I did feel a heart attack coming after my meal, and it wasn’t just because of my share of the bill!

If you’re on a tight budget, I wouldn’t recommend this place at all. You might prefer the one right in front of this restaurant on Central’s Wellington Street, but that’s for another blog post.

1 comment: