Thursday, October 10, 2013

BEBOP Hobby Shop Prize: Hakuoki Chibi Figure Set – Rasetsu Version

bebop hobby shop prize - hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version

I still can’t believe I won out of all who entered this BEBOP Hobby Shop's contest! To be honest, I kind of forgotten about ever entering this since I often enter these types of contests just for the heck of it. After all, it’s nice to dream about owning items you can’t afford (at the moment), right?

Well, look what came in the mail today!

package from bebop hobby toy shop

I was a little surprised that the package was so huge! Not that I'm complaining of course, but it was shock to see this big box on my bed when I got home this evening!

bubble wrapped hakuoki chibi figure set rasetsu version from bebop hobby shop

Kinda reminds me of a pack of drugs or something!

There was a lot of bubble wrap inside. I'm fighting the urge not to pop everything because my sister loves playing with this stuff as much as I do (and she'll kill me if I didn't leave any for her).

bebop hobby shop - hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version

I thought they'd be about the same size as my Uta☆Pri Petite Nendroids, but they turned out to be much smaller than that!

bebop hobby shop - hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version (front)

bebop hobby shop - hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version (back)

Out of the box and into the light! Haha! The packaging reminds me of my Magic Knight Rayearth chibi set. I’ll probably keep the box even if I’ll be displaying the figures separately.

delivery damage

As per the sender's request, he wanted to see how the box's condition looks after delivery. This is the only dent on the box. There was a small tear on the side, but I don't think that was damage from the delivery.

bebop hobby shop - hakuoki chibi figure - saito hajime rasetsu version

Opening time! This is my husband Saito Hajime sitting on the palm of my hand! He's the first one I took out of the plastic wrapping.

hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version - saito hajime, hijikata toshizo, okita souji, todo heisuke (front)

I found it odd that the plastic wrapping was a bit sticky. I thought it was tape at first, but why would they put tape around a figure? It would ruin the paint job!

I decided to be extra careful in removing the plastic… then throwing it out for good measure.

hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version - saito hajime, hijikata toshizo, okita souji, todo heisuke (back)

One more surprising thing about this set is how detailed their hair and kimonos are! I mean, these figures are so small!

hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version - saito hajime, hijikata toshizo, okita souji, todo heisuke

When I saw the funny looking stands in the photo, I initially thought the figures were leaning on the poles. So imagine my shock when the figure suddenly moved away from my hand and unto the stand! They're magnetized!!! No wonder they could stand on their own! It's the first time I ever saw anything like it!

hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version - saito hajime and hijikata toshizo

hakuoki chibi figure set - rasetsu version - todo heisuke and okita souji

Well ok, they can lean and sorta stand without the magnet, but when I took a closer look, the figures have little "dents" on their heads, so that they lean on the magnet perfectly.

Overall, very happy with this prize! They’ll be replacing Kirito and sit in front of my monitor so I can look at them everyday, haha! Thanks again to BEBOP Hobby Shop! They’re in a good home!

2 comments:

  1. lucky :o so cute! I always enter these type of things and never win~ boo~ lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much the skeptic as well, but I do love Hakuoki very much so I thought hey, couldn't hurt to try?

      Whaddaya know, right? *(*´∀`*)☆

      Delete