Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Complicated

meryl streep, steve martin, and alec baldwin - it's complicatedWhen the Adler children had finally grown up despite her becoming a single mom for the last 10 years, Jane thought she had finally got it together and begun to feel "normal" again. No longer did she sleep through lonely nights, and she even had a successful bakery known as, simply, "The Bakery".

Who would have thought attending her son, Luke's graduation with her ex-huband Jake, would actually develop into an affair? And the timing couldn't be worse as her architect, Adam, seems to have fallen head over heels for her too!

Oh, did I mention Jake had already remarried to a much younger girl named Agness who had a son with another man?

Told you it's complicated!

It's actually been a long time since I last went to watch a movie in a theater. I have to admit, Meryl Streep did a wonderful job in this film. I bet most people didn't realize she was the boss in "The Devil Wears Prada".

In any case, it's a cute romantic comedy film, and not the typical ones you see these days. Yes, I'm talking about the Twilight Saga, but that's another story. It's really refreshing to see love from the eyes of the more mature and successful women; and, that despite getting a divorce, there's still hope for love.

Admittedly, however, teens may find this film boring since they prefer Twilight and all, but I thought it was a really nice film. Alec Baldwin was adorable and so was Alec Baldwin. I wish we got to see more of Adam though...

...oh and yeah, my brother-in-law and I had a craving for chocolate croissants after the film. Anyone know of a place that has good chocolate croissants, if at all?

"Age is one of my favorite things about you." - Adam Schaffer

Aww~ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment