Friday, July 3, 2009

The Earl of Turnabout Café

I've never been one to finish an artwork in one sitting. I like to take my time with things, keep it cool... Make sure things look perfect, and such.

I think something came over me last in the early morning hours of July 2 though... Probably because I don't have work on Pasig Day, yes?


Earl Cain Hargreaves by ~kurohiko on deviantART

I think the mere thought of drawing Cain Hargreaves from Godchild in Kuroshitsuji's Ciel Phantomhive's clothing excited me too much that I felt the need to finish this. It was also a good escuse to draw a human skull, which I had been meaning to try for a while now, but feared my mommy dear might disown me if I did. xD

The more I look at this, the more Cain seems like Ciel. Hrm... They're both Earls too.

It's funny how well the background works with this. I wonder if it's bad to use your own stock photo for backgrounds? I didn't want to submit something with a blank background again... x.x;;;

I really enjoyed coloring this. Burn/Dodge methods are hard to replicate, but stand alone pieces like this make it look so... soft and yummy. x3 And it looks like one of those maid/butler café cards you get to buy when you visit a café. Not sure how true the rumor is, but apparently you get to buy a card of your favorite maid/butler and get them to sign it or something.

Maybe Turnabout Café should do that too... With Konata's help, of course~ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment