Sunday, September 21, 2014

Seven Days of Gratitude: Day 2

gold pinoy manga best - my facebook boyfriend for real manga

Meme instructions here.

In my defense, I was completely knocked out yesterday… and I will be again in a few minutes after that very long day of much needed happiness.

But I digress, let’s head on to the list, shall we?

  1. Kristine. I have always been cautious with people, and I’ve never really opened up to anyone as much as I have her. She’s one of the rare people in my life that pushes me to excel without expecting something in return. She’s inspiring, and wonderful, and one of the few people I can call “my bestest friend in the whole wide world”!
  2. Enjelia. I am very grateful to this person. She’s younger than me, but I’m not ashamed to admit that I look up to her. She’s given me a lot of opportunities over the years, and I’m deeply humbled and amazed.
  3. Jayron, Ray, and Jeff. The original kikay barkada- I mean, manga buddies! We’ve had our ups, we had our downs. We argued, we fought, we made up, we smiled, we laughed, we cried. Some moved on, others continued, but even still, each of you played important roles in my life, and I will be forever grateful for all of it.
  4. Melvin and Elmer. Some of the most inspiring, humble artists I have ever met! They helped me with my thesis in college, and continue to inspire me in my chosen career as a manga artist! I really wish Culture Crash would make a come back, and I hope that I will be able to stand as their equals some day.
  5. Tracy. We’re not very close, but she’s the first cosplayer to portray one of my characters. I’m embarrassed to admit that after she had left the stage and posed for the cameras, I broke into tears (which were very manly tears, I tell you!). She really brought Angel Rei to life, and it felt like, I had unlocked an achievement somehow!
  6. Eleniel and Novo. They too, brought my characters to life, and they both taught me a lot when it comes to role-playing a character! I’m not that close to them either, but after that day we did our photo shoot in Fisher Mall, I also cried many (manly) tears going through the photos.
  7. Lei. She is my very first fan who cheered for me when I was nothing more than a beginner. I owe her so many things, and I have no idea how to repay her for any of it.

Seven is too short a list to thank people (I cheated a little and listed more than one person in some points), but hey, thank you, thank you, and thank you! I hope you know how important you are, and how much I appreciate you all.

…this is getting sappy. I’m going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment