Sunday, June 16, 2013

King Chef - not exactly “kingly” anymore…

king chef dimsum

There’s this restaurant near our place known as “King Chef” that my family and I enjoyed ever since it opened. The dim sum there was one of the best in Manila and the asado siopao was absolutely delectable that my brother and I used to eat 2-3 paos each.

Note the past tense. Because the quality has gone down significantly since it opened.

Nowadays, my family enjoys other places more than King Chef. Since it’s on the pricier side, if we don’t really like it very much, then we’re not willing to pay for it. I’m not sure what’s wrong exactly, but I do remember the siomai having actual shrimp in it back then. The asado tastes different too… and I’d much rather have the asado in Wai Ying than King Chef now. At least the fried shrimp dumplings are still ok?

I’m kinda sad… I really loved that place. I wish their quality would go back up again since they’ve already opened a second location in Manila. C’est la vie~

No comments:

Post a Comment