Monday, June 15, 2009

Finally Kicking that Diet Soda Habit

coke zeroYou might want to think twice about drinking that diet cola. I know I am. After reading about how diet cola really affects the human body, especially among women, I think you'd be scared too.

Studies have shown that the regular consumption of cola can aid in the cause of osteoporosis. Though it's not limited to cola alone.

The main ingredient in any cola... is phosphoric acid, a flavor agent that increases the acidity of the blood. “At that point, your body’s first priority is to restore a balance, so it leaches some calcium out of your bones to neutralize the acid,” says Katherine Tucker...

Excerpt from By The Numbers: The Truth Behind Those Scary Diet-Soda Myths

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to end up collapsing in a pile of broken bones. Believe me, that's happened before. I've seen it, not up close and personal, thankfully. As much as I love soda, I think this will definitely help me stick to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment