Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Lady and Her Butler

kuroshitsuji / black butler - sebastian michaelis iconI've had some creepy dreams about Kuroshitsuji after the first season of the anime ended… In fact, Sebastian generally creeps me out, even though I find this character to be quite “handsome”. I mean, who would want to have their souls eaten, right?

Well, the other night… rather, Sunday afternoon, I took a nap because I barely slept the night before, trying to fix my printer. I wanted to print some test panels for my independent comics for Komikon, but one of the gears cracked and I had to have it fixed the next morning (my only chance of getting out of the house, if you know what I mean).

Afternoon naps generally give me vivid dreams, but this one is still stuck on my mind.

In the dream, Sebastian was my butler. I wasn’t Ciel, because he called me “my lady” and I’m pretty sure… Ciel wasn’t there at all. It started out… familiar, because I told him I was tired- because of the same reasons that I was tired in the real world. He basically let me sleep and carried me to my room.

But in the next instance, I was going to meet my father for dinner. Now, I generally do this in the real world too, every Sunday, but it’s usually with the entire family. In the dream, Dad looked much older than his real self, and mom wasn’t with him. But it didn’t feel as unnatural as it should have been. I had the distinct feeling about a divorce of some sort, but I didn’t talk about it and neither did he.

I sat down, but refused to eat and let him finish whatever it was that was on his plate, when we overheard the people from the table beside us talking about some wealthy bachelor from a prestigious family marrying someone. My Dad, as usual, wanted to hear the details even though he couldn’t hear well anymore, so Sebastian whispered to me what it was about. It turned out that the bachelor wouldn’t refuse the arranged marriage because the girl was quite beautiful.

Dinner ended, and I left. I didn’t leave with my Dad, and went home to my own manor. I went to the garden that evening and felt like dancing in the moonlight. And who else would be my dancing partner but Sebastian himself. Smiling, like he does in that icon.

All of these details in a matter of a little less than 2 hours of sleep. It was rather intriguing. Nothing felt unnatural, even my being very emotionless. Hm…

Now I think I’ll make it a habit to write up about these. :3

2 comments:

  1. Too much work and little sleep makes the Rei have creepy dreams.

    That usually happens to me when I do too much reading or gaming @_@ I start to dream about it.

    I do write down my odd dreams though, unrelated to books/games/shows, and I end up making up stories to go along with the dream scenario lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, lazy Rei doesn't like actually "writing" these things down. Typing them seems to be a lot easier than the former. xD

    Now that you mentioned it... I may have read the latest chapter of Kuroshitsuji just before taking a nap that day. :p

    Dreams / Nightmares seem to have a tendency of being creepy on the day itself. A couple of days later, it just loses that creepy flavor and... not make any sense. xD

    ReplyDelete