Friday, September 19, 2014

Seven Days of Gratitude: Day 1

sofitel gallete - strawberry pistachio cream cake

I got tagged by Honey Den on Facebook, so I thought I might as well post this here since it’s a good way to remind myself that there’s always something to be thankful for.

If you have the free time, please do this. It can be a pretty therapeutic activity. Reminds you how lucky you are and how beautiful life is.

The challenge is to post 7 things you are thankful for in 7 days. Tagging 7 people each day, a total of 49 people in the process. Hope you have a great time remembering things you are grateful of.

  1. Very Little Floods. Although there was a lot of heavy rain and flooding today, our house managed to stay fairly dry. There was a bit of flood water in the kitchen and some parts of the house, but we weren’t flooded in for very long.
  2. Electricity and Water. We lost power for a few hours earlier today, but it’s great that everything seems to be back to normal now. Before, we didn’t have power for nearly 2 days, and that meant no showers or flush water!
  3. Galette’s Strawberry and Pistachio Cream Cake(?) (in photo). This delicious piece of dessert has become somewhat of a tradition for us. During Holy Week, we usually head to Sofitel for some afternoon snacks. This is my mo’s and sister’s favorite dessert.
  4. Drawing. No matter how much I struggle with deadlines, drawing relaxes me and makes me very happy (even though it makes me really sleepy too!).
  5. The Morning After (radio show). I work late. A lot. This radio program keeps me company during those times. I like getting greeted by Alven on air, even if there’s hardly anyone else awake to hear it.
  6. The Morning Rush (radio show). This comes right after TMA, but I’m usually too tired to listen to it, so I usually grab the podcast. But this one morning in September, I got greeted, and Chico even said that being a Pinoy Manga Artist was cool.
  7. Cold Weather. Air-conditioning and me don’t mix very well, so I sleep with a fan under any weather. So, right after a storm, when there’s no more rain, the cold air gives me a restful sleep and many sweet dreams.

I’ll tag a few people, but probably not all 49… Please try this exercise! It feels amazing~ and I want to go on and on and on~~

No comments:

Post a Comment